We know safety is a top priority right now. We also know that your kids need to have fun! Check out our list of kid-friendly, fun, and SAFE activities to do around Austin.
Kid-Friendly Activities Around Austin
1) Pikopye's Town
Owned and run by Leah Reed, Pikopye's is the perfect place to take your little ones (ages 6 and under) to encourage imaginative play and creativity. With 9 custom playhouses, slides, toys, and more, your kiddos will be kept busy for the entire two hour session. There's even a creative lounge that you can work in while your children are playing.
Pikopye's is offering 3 different options of Reserved Play Sessions so you can choose the best option for your family or quaranteam.
Visit Pikopye's Town here: https://www.pikopyestown.com/
2) Jump! Gymnastics
If your little one is bouncing off the walls, gymnastics may be a great fit for them! For children ages 2-12, Jump! offers five different options for classes so you can find the best fit for your family and child(ren)!
- Live online classes (4-12 years old)
- A gymnastics tv show guaranteed to keep the younger gymnasts following along (2-4 years old)
- Indoor classes with access to all equipment and safety guidelines and minimal spotting (2-12 years old)
- Outdoor classes with safety guidelines, obstacle courses, and minimal spotting (2-6 years old)
- Preschool pods with a max of eight students (3-5 years old)
All equipment is wiped down after use and sanitizer is spread throughout the facility to ensure your child is safe while at the gym.
Visit Jump! Gymnastics here: http://www.jump-austin.com/home.html
3) Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
With many activities offered, it's hard to narrow down which one you should go to. The Wildflower center is still hosting the following events for the family:
- Luminations - an illuminated trail featuring the forts of Fortlandia
- Fortlandia - a collection of forts to explore and you can even build your own!
- Virtual Parent & Toddler Yoga
Visit the Wildflower Center here: https://www.wildflower.org/
4) Mayfield Park and Nature Reserve
Filled with peacocks on roofs, in trees, and on the grounds, your little ones will have a blast walking the paths and trails at Mayfield Park. The park is located at 3505 W 35th Street, Austin, TX 78703 and is open daily between 5:00am - 10:00pm and has hiking trails to wander on as well!